Omar Alrawi is a Sr. Software Engineer working on workload classification and workload placement using hardware performance counters and cache partitioning/monitoring technology.
Omar graduated with his BS in math and computer science from Purdue University. He went on to get his Master’s degree in information security from CERIAS. Omar worked for several companies before joining QCRI, including Verisign Inc., Booz Allen Hamilton, and Cisco Systems.
- Omar Alrawi*, Aziz Mohaisen; Chains of Distrust: Towards Understanding Certificates Used for Signing Malicious Applications, in proceedings WWW 2016 Companion, 2016
- Omar Alrawi*, Aziz Mohaisen*; Behavior-based Automated Malware Analysis and Classification, Elsevier Computers & Security, 2015
- A Mohaisen, AG West, A Mankin, O Alrawi; Chatter: Classifying Malware Families Using System Event Ordering. IEEE CNS 2014
- Omar Alrawi*, Aziz Mohaisen*; AMAL: High-Fidelity, Behavior-based Automated Malware Analysis and Classification. WISA 2014. Best Paper.
- Omar Alrawi* Aziz Mohaisen*; AV-Meter: An Evaluation of Antivirus Scans and Labels. DIMVA 2014.
- Aziz Mohaisen, Omar Alrawi, Andrew G. West, and Allison Mankin; Babble: Identifying Malware by Its Dialects. IEEE CNS 2013.
- Aziz Mohaisen, Omar Alrawi, Matt Larson, and Danny McPherson; Towards A Methodical Evaluation of Antivirus Scans and Labels. WISA 2013.
- Omar Alrawi* Aziz Mohaisen*; Unveiling Zeus Automated Classification of Malware Samples. WWW Workshops 2013.
* contributed equally