I am a Principal Scientist in the Distributed Systems group at QCRI.
- Multimedia Networking
- Mobile Streaming
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Purdue University, 2004.
- K. Calagari, M. Elgharib, A. Kaspar, W. Matusik, M. Hefeeda, Gradient-based 2D-to-3D Conversion for Soccer Videos, In Proc. of ACM Multimedia (MM’15) Conference, Brisbane, Australia, October 2015.
- M. Shatnawi, M. Hefeeda, Enhancing the Quality of Interactive Multimedia Services by Proactive Monitoring and Failure Prediction, In Proc. of ACM Multimedia (MM’15) Conference, Brisbane, Australia, October 2015.
- M. Hefeeda, T. ElGamal, K. Calagari, A. Abdelsadek, Cloud-Based Multimedia Content Protection System, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 17(3):420—433, March 2015.
- C. Hsu and M. Hefeeda, System and Method for Multiplexing of Variable Bitrate Video Streams in Mobile Video Systems, US Patent No: US 9,215,486 B2, granted December 2015.
- W. Abd-Almageed, M. Hefeeda, B. Abdelaziz, System and Method for Semantic Video Segmentation, US Patent No: US 8,756,233 B2, granted June 2014.
- M. Hefeeda and N. Khodabakhshi, Copy Detection, US Patent No: US 8,509,600 B2, granted August 2013.